Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Matt's Z32 300zx Twin Turbo Drift/Track/Daily

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDorset

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

Got some updates and a load of photos to upload plus some videos lying around so thought it was time for another update for the first time in ages.

Clutch is all in and working great now. Thanks to Z1 Motorsports for getting it to me in super quick time.
This is the old knackered one
Posted Image

And here is the nice new uprated beast that should take a bit more abuse :)
Posted Image

Also decided to give the exhaust a bit of a clean up and chuck a bit of heat wrap on the downpipes as I found my boots were melting from the heat lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I found that I also got a few seconds of fame on Motors TV so I thought I would share
Posted Image
Posted Image

More things to come as I sort through pictures ect...
Posted Image

#62 Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDorset

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Made a start of getting more bits sorted. This time getting the rear spaced out a bit and rolling the arches to match.

This is before with no spacer or arch roll.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is with the 25mm spacers added but still with no arch roll, would look pretty damn good for a road car but doesnt leave and room for suspension travel sadly.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now after a bit of arch rolling it now covers the tyre and also give enough room for suspension travel. A bit of playing around with ride hight will be needed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also looking into fitting a bonnet vent as I have had it lying around for ages. Just been trimming it down a bit to get an idea of what it will look like.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDorset

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Also got some new goodies soon to be modifed to fit the double wishbone setup of the z32 :) How about the first z32 with crazy lock!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDorset

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Got my spacers sorted for the back now thanks to Rare Rims. Car sitting and looking a bit more like it should, Also dropped it by 20mm at the back.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Right now on to the fun and games I have been having with the steering lock mods. A massive thanks goes to Phil Morrison and Driftworks for sorting me bits for this.
I am now running Driftworks Geomaster bent tension rods, adjustable lower arms, modified geomaster knuckles and rack bushes with s14 track rods and ends.
I got my local machine shop to make me some bushes to replace the s body suspension mount so I could fit the knuckles on the z32 double wishbone setup. After that I cut and welded the geomaster knuckles and made it all fit together.

I am still playing around with the setup so I can test it out properly at the final round of the British Drift Championship at Knockhill next weekend but here are the pics so far. enjoy :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDorset

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Right got a couple extra pics here, had to reduce the lock by a fair bit as I am waiting on some other bits to sort my camber out then I can extend to lower arms more for extra wheel clearance. It does have more than the pic shows but the steering kept springing back from the lock stops when I went to take a picture...lol.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 Russell

Russell

• Moderators
  • 488 posts
  • LocationThe Great North

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

That's a nice bit of fabrication on the hub. B)

#67 Ollie_247

Ollie_247

Captain Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationBuckinghamshire

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

that bloody great work matt u still using 595 RSR ?

#68 Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDorset

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

yeah still using the 595rsr, need some new ones though as these are a bit knackered. Got some 265 wide ones lying about but they are a touch too big for the front I think..lol They are 255 on there now and thats a bit over the top but they were my old rear road tyres.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users