Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Insurance Renewal Laughs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Simonlpearce

Simonlpearce

The Finest White E36 Coupe on TC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Got my insurance renewal through yesterday for the E36 M3 Evo. Bearing in mind it was £900 last renewal imagine how shocked i was to see my renewal at £3000 Posted Image. I have no new convictions or claims so i just dont understand the logic???

This was with Halifax BTW.

I have had a quote from Aviva which was £836, but i may also put the VX220 i have sat in the garage back on the road for the summer which is coming in at £525 Posted Image

#2 BigJames

BigJames

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 245 posts
  • LocationTrackCulture HQ

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

The insurance industry used to target new customers to make their money - they soon clocked on that most people will just stick with the same company to avoid the hassle of shopping around. It seems that all renewals will increase so the only way to stick with the same value/save money is to change company every year. I just insured my E46 330i for £50 more than my E36 328i despite them being practically the same car - but was cheapest with Sky Insurance.

#3 Leno

Leno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

My insurance renewal left me speechless tbh, last year it was 1800, this year with a years no claims its dropped to 612! i know its still expensive but i can thank my age for that

#4 Bennyb

Bennyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Ive had a bit of a result actually, Im currently paying about 900 a year for a peugeot 406 diesel estate. Started looking for quotes on the new car im getting (bmw e36 328 sport) and it was only £430!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users