Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Insurance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bazzer

Bazzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi all

I am hoping to start track day driving soon. I live close to Goodwood circuit. I would be interested to hear members views on insurance for track cars. I am considering a mazda rx8 as I owned one previously and loved it, also they are quite cheap to buy now. Any advice on first track car?

Thanks Bazzer

#2 Loui

Loui

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationMidlands

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

I'm insured with greenlight. On top of there road insurance they do track day insurance for people insured with them at £50 a trackday. The only track they won't insure on is castle Coombe

#3 Bazzer

Bazzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

Thanks, I'll check them out

#4 Marcar

Marcar

Well Spoken TC Moderator

• Moderators
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSW London

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hi Bazzer,

welcome to the forum. I'd recomend looking into REIS (Richard Egger Insurance Services) who specifically offer tracday insurance. I've only ever heard good things about them.

I must say though, In the few years i've been enjoying trackdays, I haven't once taken out an insurance policy myself.

With regards to a first time trackcar i'd have to recommend a Mazda MX-5. You can get them for under a grand or spend a little more money on one with uprated suspenison and tyres and you've got yourself a fantastic little car to learn the ropes and have a lot of fun.
Posted Image

John Marcar - E36 Geek, Trackday Organiser, Writer & the TC blogger bloke

TWITTER: @JohnMarcar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users