Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

PBMW Mag trackday

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 pbmwBen

pbmwBen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

As you may have seen in the mag, we've got a track day at Brands Hatch for the 25th of Feb - if you haven't seen it, here are a few details:

07.30: Arrival and sign on
08.30: Driver briefing
09.00: Track time begins
13.00: Lunch
14.00: Track time resumes
17.00: Track time ends

M Style and CA Technologies will be in attendance with some very interesting cars, along with more tuners which I will update this thread with later this week.

For £139 it's a pretty cracking deal, and even if you're not planning on venturing out on track do come down and feel free to line your BMW up in the paddock for everyone to check out. The noise limit is strictly enforced at 105dB (A) so please do take the time to have it checked - you can get apps for most phones to do this now so no excuses.

It's free to spectate, while additional drivers are £25 each (applies if you're sharing a car) and signing on as an on-track passenger is £10.

Booking can be done with the details below:

http://www.clubmsv.com/pbmw

0843 453 3000

We look forward to seeing you there - we'll be there and out on track with the new M135i and my very own project E36 Touring, which will have a few new upgrades for the event.

Mods - hope this post is ok, do let me know if not.

#2 DWR

DWR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm booked on this - going to brands next week to kill the current tyres and brakes - then fitting new ones in time to bed in for 25th Feb.

Not been on a PBMW track day before and dont know alot about BMW's so will be nice to look at others already uprated.

#3 pbmwBen

pbmwBen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I'm booked on this - going to brands next week to kill the current tyres and brakes - then fitting new ones in time to bed in for 25th Feb.

Not been on a PBMW track day before and dont know alot about BMW's so will be nice to look at others already uprated.

Excellent, good to hear. What BM have you got?

#4 DWR

DWR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Black E46 M3 - pretty standard except Eibach springs

#5 pbmwBen

pbmwBen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Black E46 M3 - pretty standard except Eibach springs

Sounds good to me! Will keep an eye out for you

#6 OO7

OO7

Licenced To Ill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationUnder a bonnet

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

I am also looking at booking this day just got to tax me car again in feb and put some road miles on the Nissan turbo engine I have just put back in my E30 if all goes well with the road running I'll be there.

#7 pbmwBen

pbmwBen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Just a quick update, the following companies are now confirmed - all will be bringing cars along and will be there to chat to about their services etc:

CA Technologies International
M-Style
Evolve
RAW Motorsport
ETA Motorsport

We also have a number of Compact Cup racers confirmed.

Shaping up to be a fantastic day!

#8 SamT

SamT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Hi Ben

Just wondered if you could give me an idea of how many are booked onto this, and what your maximum number of cars is? If i'm gonna make it i've gotta talk the wife out of a family holiday, and I don't really want to go through that kind of pain if it's going to be rammed :rolleyes:

thanks in advance
Sam

#9 pbmwBen

pbmwBen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi Ben

Just wondered if you could give me an idea of how many are booked onto this, and what your maximum number of cars is? If i'm gonna make it i've gotta talk the wife out of a family holiday, and I don't really want to go through that kind of pain if it's going to be rammed :rolleyes:

thanks in advance
Sam

The maximum number of cars is 60 - being a full day it shouldn't be too crowded (there are 7 hours of track time available, open pit lane).

Hope that helps - I'm afraid I don't know what the current booking status is but I'd imagine with the unpredictable weather some will be waiting until the last minute to book.

Hope that helps!

#10 SamT

SamT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

The maximum number of cars is 60 - being a full day it shouldn't be too crowded (there are 7 hours of track time available, open pit lane).

Hope that helps - I'm afraid I don't know what the current booking status is but I'd imagine with the unpredictable weather some will be waiting until the last minute to book.

Hope that helps!

That really does help.....i'm going for it!....wish me luck and i'll see ya soon :)

ATB
Sam

#11 pbmwBen

pbmwBen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Nice one - what will you be bringing?

#12 SamT

SamT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Nice one - what will you be bringing?

This is my motor Ben (if i've got the URL thing to work), had a few mods done :) ........ finally looks like i can book it, hope there are still spaces available!!!

Posted Image[/img]

#13 pbmwBen

pbmwBen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

This is my motor Ben (if i've got the URL thing to work), had a few mods done :) ........ finally looks like i can book it, hope there are still spaces available!!!

Posted Image[/img]

Wow, that looks pretty incredible! Looking forward to seeing it out on track, mine's the red E36 Touring that you'll be overtaking the while time :)

#14 SamT

SamT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Wow, that looks pretty incredible! Looking forward to seeing it out on track, mine's the red E36 Touring that you'll be overtaking the while time :)

hahahaha...you've not seen my driving yet!!......thanks though, i'm pretty proud of her!

Just booked it, so i'll see you there, looking forward to breaking her out of the garage for the first time since November.......and please be gentle with me, i'm a Brands Virgin :)

#15 pbmwBen

pbmwBen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

hahahaha...you've not seen my driving yet!!......thanks though, i'm pretty proud of her!

Just booked it, so i'll see you there, looking forward to breaking her out of the garage for the first time since November.......and please be gentle with me, i'm a Brands Virgin :)

Brands is friendly don't worry! I've done it a couple of times, IMO fairly easy to drive at 95% but I'm sure that last 5% is where you can be caught out.

Now that the snow has gone, and the sun is out, it's the perfect time for a track day! So just a quick reminder that this is next Monday, and that the following tuners will be there along with the staff from Performance BMW Magazine (me included)

CA Technologies International
M-Style
Evolve
RAW Motorsport
ETA Motorsport

We also have a number of Compact Cup racers confirmed. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

#16 OO7

OO7

Licenced To Ill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationUnder a bonnet

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Well I had some really bad luck Again with my engine so out it had to come again with no way of being able to do a full rebuild in time for this I took to the forums and got a second Nissan engine shipped over from Ireland last week to my workshop and tonight it's all up and running and boosting great so I have now locked the car away till monday lol

So I have just booked up and will be there in this be great to meet some of you guys

Posted Image

#17 pbmwBen

pbmwBen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Fantastic, that's some dedication! See you there :)

#18 DWR

DWR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Just back from this a little early :(

I managed 35 laps in the morning before spinning of at 60mph going through Surtees onto the grass - right where my 3 boys were standing. They loved it apparently and my youngest said 'do it again'.

The dash was a christmas tree of warning lights when I got back to the pits.After a quick walk round the pits I found Paul from AutoEnhance had an impressive looking diagostics tool which he plugged in and reset the warning - leaving just a rear abs/speed sensor dead to be replaced. So my day was over as I wasnt sure how the car would drive with iffy abs sensors in the wet.

It was really nice that I just asked for some help and he was straight away to get his machine, so much appreciated.

I spotted Al's M3 looking good in the paddock, but didnt get to see it on track.

#19 OO7

OO7

Licenced To Ill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationUnder a bonnet

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Well at least you got out there mate I felt like the Naughty school boy being ask for a word outside when we was in the briefing room and my name got called out lol but it was for good reason with the wife being rushed into hospital good news is she going to be ok and the guys at MSV were great and have giving me a full refund credit to use anytime this year really gutted not to have got out there today but hay the year is young anyone else have any offs did feel really damp out there on my 2 siteing laps before I got the second phone call to tell me to get to the hospital ASAP.

Also really nice to meet you DWR never did get round to asking your real name lol mines Piers by the way but your wood no that after it got called out lol got to see the funny side of theses things at the end of the day hope to catch up with you again some time on track matey.

#20 DWR

DWR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Yes always forget the names bit - David BTW.

Like your SR powered E30, looks a fun bit of kit for sure. It was kind of funny the way the big MSV fella came in like a school headmaster :) but glad all is OK.

I cooked my brakes as well - so just pricing up new Discs/Pads/Hoses all round and shocked to see its going be about £1000 eeeeek.

Thinking of new Pagid Discs all round with RC5+ carbon lorraine pads or maybe RC6 and goodridge/driftworks braided hoses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users